I peeked at this fantastic blog a while back and just learned it’s now being turned into a book, to be released next week. A combination of sentimental and tongue-in-cheek pearls of wisdom to his unborn son (plus practical advice like Hang artwork at eye-level), the site also includes quotes, clever photos and required listening (Bing Crosby’s “Don’t Fence Me In” and Lou Reed’s “Perfect Day”).
A handful of adages I think are worth repeating:
* If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
* Framing a poster does not make it valuable.
* You marry the girl, you marry her whole family.
* Your best chance of being a rockstar is learning the bass.
* There is always something that could use a fresh coat of paint.
* Identify your most commonly used word or phrase, and eliminate it.
* Until you are a doctor, never answer your phone at the table.