Since The Gnome came in to the picture, it’s been a love/hate relationship with the two of them. Now it’s all about The Love on the Gnome’s part, but Madi can’t help feeling she’s getting the short end of the stick.
Why The Love:
- Cheerios dropped from the high chair each morning
- Being hand fed graham crackers
- The occasional “gentle” rubs on the back
Why The Hate:
- Being used as a step stool to get up on the couch
- That frickin‘ safety gate
- Ears tugged
- Jowls lifted and teeth poked
- Blocks thrown at her head
- Naps constantly interrupted
- When the doorbell rings The Gnome gets all the attention
- Bed used for summersault practice
- Her secret hiding place under the bed is no longer secret
- She doesn’t want to play chase; she just wants to find a quiet place to nap
- Entire coat used as a goober cloth
Madi has been surprisingly patient considering the abuse she’s subjected to on a daily basis. Or maybe she sees there’s no use protesting. As the years pass I hope the scale will tip more towards The Love.
That somersault picture is hilarious!!! I’m still laughing. 🙂 Don’t worry Madi-girl. When we ring your doorbell in December we’ll give you some love.