This is the easiest breakfast to put together if you’re expecting a large gathering. Everyone gets their own omelet made to order, eats at the same time and no flipping required! We made these omelets one morning in Sunriver and they were a real crowd pleaser.
1) Gather fresh ingredients to please a variety of palettes:
Tomatoes, basil, spinach, bacon, sausage, leftover grilled asparagus, mushrooms, feta and cheddar cheese…
2) Drop the eggs in a blender. We used about two eggs per person. Blend.
3) Using a quart sized Ziploc bag, combine a 1/2 cup of egg mixture (3/4 for a three-egg omelet) and the ingredients of your choosing. Write your name on the bag with a ballpoint pen and remove any excess air:
4) Place the bags in rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes (no more than eight bags per pot):
5) Remove the bags using tongs. Open your bag and the omelet should roll easily onto your plate. Piping hot. Enjoy!