Grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, grilled chicken and tangy feta cheese made this a crowd pleaser around the table. Although next time, Carson suggested I hold the spinach (which I substituted for arugula). I’ll eat spinach when I’m 33, he tells me. Instead of pita chips I toasted up a few slices of of Dave’s Killer 21 Whole Grains. Aside from asparagus we usually have most ingredients on hand any given night so this will most likely be making it into the rotation, especially come summer.
* 2 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (1 lb. total)
* About 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
* 4 ounces block feta cheese, broken into chunks
* 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
* 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
* 2 cups pita chips
* 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). Coat chicken breasts with 1 tbsp. oil and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center and grill marks appear, about 7 minutes total. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, 1/3 cup oil, oregano, and pepper; set aside. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, drop in asparagus, and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
3. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese, asparagus, tomatoes, olives, and pita chips. Pour reserved dressing over mixture and toss gently to coat. Add arugula and toss once more just to combine
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
Recipe from Sunset Cookbook